So what does Adventure Quest offer?
Adventure Quest (UK) provides a range of free tailor-made outdoor rehabilitation courses delivered in mountainous areas of the United Kingdom to individuals who have left the British Armed Forces (regular, reservists or territorials) and who are currently experiencing a mental or physical health condition.
By enrolling on our course you can be confident that you will receive information and guidance from professional practitioners on ways to enhance psychological recovery and you will also receive support from your peers.
Our course has been crafted over many years of direct experience in providing outdoor courses for people experiencing mental ill health. This means we understand the requirements needed to deliver such a course.
All course content, syllabus and instruction on all aspects of the Adventure Quest course is “free” to every veteran who successfully enrols.
Our free course consists of:
- Basic mountain and walking skills
- Advanced mountain and walking skills
- Preparation to undertake the formal Mountain Leader course
- Adventure Quest will then pay for you to attend a formal training course with a separate National Governing Body provider
- Post formal training, we then provide further courses to prepare you to undertake your formal NGB assessment. We do this by delivering consolidation courses and mock assessment courses with an independent Mountain Instructor
That’s not all, we will also provide guidance and advice on ways to gain employment in the outdoor sector via our employment advice pathway
Is the course really free?
Yes. The course content, syllabus and instruction on all aspects of the Adventure Quest course is free to every veteran who successfully enrols and who meets the criteria set out by Adventure Quest & Help for Heroes.